SUPER WONDER Social Club
Who is the club for? For children 10-12 years
When? On Thursdays at 5 pm
Social competence in a fun and supportive environment.
During SUPER WONDER group, children get the chance to further develop their social competence in a fun and supportive environment through play – based activities and structured discussions.
The group goals are to:
- Develop self-awareness in group settings;
- Increase social confidence;
- Develop the ability to recognize expected and unexpected behaviours in others and themselves;
- Develop understanding of how each person’s actions can impact on others and their feelings;
- Develop an awareness of feelings – happy, sad, angry, and anxious and how our body responds to these feelings.
Each week follows a similar routine whilst also including some different activities such as:
- Play-based activities;
- Team building activities.;
- Group – based activities and discussions;
- Group activity based on an age – appropriate theme or scenario.
The needs of every child are important to us
To ensure that we meet each child’s needs in a person-centered way we are very happy to collaborate with parents. If you’d like us to celebrate a specific achievement or to support a child in developing a specific skill, please do get in touch and we can accommodate that.